HORIZON EUROPE – THE EU’S RESEARCH AND INNOVATION PROGRAMME
The background to the new research framework programme is climate change, digital transformation and significant social upheavals. The European Commission’s Green Deal also stipulates that Europe will become the “first climate-neutral continent” by 2050.
From now until 2027, 95.5 billion euros will be available for this purpose.
From the point of view of IGO, the second “pillar” of the programme entitled GLOBAL CHALLENGES AND INDUSTRIAL COMPETITIVENESS OF EUROPE with the following topics (clusters) is particularly relevant for non-profit organizations:
- Cluster 1: Health
- Cluster 2: Culture, Creativity and Inclusive Society
- Cluster 3: Civil Security for Society
- Cluster 4: Digitalization, Industry & Space
- Cluster 5: Climate, Energy and Mobility
- Cluster 6: Food, Bioeconomy, Natural Resources, Agriculture and Environment